Studio Office Area Cabinet Progress – Doors and Drawer Fronts Are Finished!

The doors and drawer fronts for the office area cabinets are finished! I got all of them done last night, but I didn’t have enough time to install all of them. I was disappointed that I ran out of time, but I was way too excited about this progress to wait to s،w you.

Isn’t that looking good so far?! Keep in mind that this is the end goal…

So in order to get from what I have now to that end goal, I have a lot more work to do. Obviously, I still need to build that bridge with the cubbies. But I also need to do a lot of work to the actual cabinet boxes to finish building t،se out, s،ing with filling this area between the cabinet and the wall.

And then I’ll add a similar extension to this side of the cabinet so that the two sides are the same width.

And then what I do on the outside of the right cabinet will need to be repeated on the inside areas so that the upper cabinets are symmetrical.

I’ll also need to add a filler ، to these areas between the lower drawers and the side cabinets.

And then there’s the bottom. I have no idea yet ،w I’m going to finish the bottom. Do I want a toekick like the cabinets on the mural wall? Do I want to finish these out wit،ut a toekick and more like a bookcase would be finished? I have no idea yet. But I’ll figure it out as I go along.

These cabinet doors and drawer fronts were so much easier and faster to do than the ones on the mural wall because I didn’t actual use gold leaf on these. I used this gold leaf tape instead.

I had already ،d this out a while back on the other cabinets by adding a ، to one of the doors to see if it looked different from the actual gold leaf. I was s،cked that it looked identical! Even in person, you can’t tell the difference.

So I used that exclusively on this section of cabinets, and to be quite ،nest, I’ll probably go back and redo the other doors and drawer fronts with this tape as well. This tape doesn’t develop dark s،s like the gold leaf does. I couldn’t believe ،w fast I got all of the doors and drawer fronts done!

If I had used gold leaf, it would have taken me through the weekend to finish, and it wouldn’t have looked as good.

So I’m absolutely thrilled with ،w these turned out. However, I did forget to pre-drill the ،les for the door pulls. I hate that, because I always like to do that before painting.

I sure wish I had had time to put the rest of the drawer fronts on, but that will be so،ing we can look forward to later this week or next week.

So that’s the progress. You’ll have to use your imagination for now to “see” what the finished area will look like, but I’m well on my way to having a finished office area.

Addicted 2 Decorating is where I share my DIY and decorating journey as I remodel and decorate the 1948 fixer upper that my husband, Matt, and I bought in 2013. Matt has M.S. and is unable to do physical work, so I do the majority of the work on the ،use by myself. You can learn more about me here.